Today’s episode is one that was originally going to air on the podcast “Full Time Family”- a whim I had months ago. I decided to instead present it as a series here within Marvelous Moms to keep all the great content in one easy to find place!
Kindle is my inspiration for the homeschool life we are living right now. She is THE person to follow and learn from if you are toying around with the idea, or need some empowerment as a homeschool mom.
We covered a LOT of ground here and got pretty deep into our beliefs about the school system and why we are not just homeschooling to combat what we see are the FLAWS, but rather the beauty that we are finding and the positives in schooling our children from home. You may not know this- but all homeschool parents get asked the same basic questions and are met with the same reactions from parents who do not homeschool.
I asked Kindle to debunk or demystify three of those main things we get asked about or the assumptions people make- and her answers were fantastic.
The three things Kindle wants people to know about homeschooling?
- People say-What about Socialization? Kindle tells ALL about how that happens in the home.
- People say- “I could never do that.” And actually- you could a LOT easier than you think.
- Her biggest advice- Homeschool does NOT have to be school recreated at home.
We’re also talking about:
- What compelled Kindle to homeschool her own children despite her standard education.
- What she has to say to people who don’t feel capable of homeschooling.
- The best mother character ever written in literature.
- The special moment Kindle got with her daughter- that she didn’t give away to a teacher.
- The big missing piece in education that you can add back in with homeschool
- Marinating in juices” and what that means for people- sounds weird but you gotta listen to understand it! 🙂
Sound intriguing? It IS!
I want to hear from YOU my friend! Let’s chat about this over on Instagram- @kirstentyrrel You can tag me or post and use #marvelousmomsclub so we can keep the conversation going.
AND if you LOVE the podcast and want to show me some love- head to iTunes and leave a rating and review! (thank you so much!)
WANT TO CONNECT MORE?!
More from this episode:
Little Women <<<— The book is better than the movie!
Thanks for listening- have a marvelous day!